Hmmm... Is that mold?
Suspicion of hidden mold
Do you think your home or office smells moldy but you do not see anything that resembles mold? Do you know if there has been water damage in the past? It is possible that mold may be present, but it is hidden.
Common hiding places for mold are
- The back side of dry wall
- Behind wallpaper
- Behind paneling
- Ceiling tiles
- The underside of carpet and padding
Other possible locations of hidden mold include areas
- Inside walls around pipes (with leaking or condensing pipes)
- The surface of walls behind furniture (where condensation forms)
- Inside ductwork
- Air Conditioning Closet
- In roof materials above ceiling tiles (due to roof leaks or insufficient insulation)
Investigating hidden mold problems
Investigating hidden mold may be difficult and will require caution as the investigation involves disturbing potential sites of mold growth. For example, removal of wallpaper can lead to a massive release of spores if there is mold growing on the underside of the paper.
If you believe you may have a hidden mold problem, please reach out to SERVPRO Bartow/Lakeland Highlands at 863-617-1976. We have the experience and knowledge to safely investigate.