WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER A FIRE/SMOKE EVENT IN YOUR HOME
A fire in your home is a traumatic experience, no matter the size. You are likely feeling overwhelmed and wondering what to do next. SERVPRO® of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands is here to help you through this stressful and potentially long process.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Our team of professionals will carefully inspect your property to determine the full extent of damages.
- If water damage is present, we will begin water extraction and drying as soon as possible. Unfortunately, it is likely that water-damaged baseboard, carpet, padding, insulation, and drywall will need to be disposed of to prevent secondary damages, such as mold.
- All fire-damaged ceilings, walls, fixtures, furniture, and contents will be evaluated to determine if removal is needed or if they can be cleaned. Cleanable items are referred to as salvageable.
- We will evaluate the salvageable items to determine the most appropriate method of cleaning.
- All surfaces exposed to fire/smoke will be cleaned using SERVPRO’s patented three (3) step hand cleaning process.
- Items such as perishable and non-perishable foods, medicines, cosmetics, and toiletries should be disposed of. These items can be extremely dangerous once exposed to smoke or fire. If needed, SERVPRO® can inventory and properly dispose of these items.
- Textiles affected by smoke and/or odor should be evaluated, and if necessary, cleaned by a professional textile cleaning company. SERVPRO® can assist with this process if needed.
- The HVAC system will be evaluated to determine if it can be cleaned. Cleaning and/or replacement will be necessary.
- Depending on the extent of the damage, the home may need to be vacant during the remediation process.
- If you are utilizing your insurance company, we will work closely with your adjuster to ensure your home is returned to preloss condition, “Like it never even happened.”
Call us today at (863)510-5962 if you experience a fire or smoke damage in your home.