SERVPRO 2021 Convention!
SERVPRO 2021 Annual Convention
2021 ANNUAL CONVENTION
Our entire team at SERVPRO of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands wants to send a BIG thank you to everyone involved in making the 2021 Convention a huge SUCCESS!! We understand and appreciate all of the hard work that goes into making this annual event happen. It's the one time of year that we get to visit with SERVPRO franchises from all over the country and the energy is indescribable!
Convention is such an exciting time and always reinforces the importance of the mission. We have a great team of people who are focused on winning, making a difference for our customers, and creating opportunities for our teammates and our families. The SERVPRO family is more than just one family. It’s an incredible team of families working together 24/7.
The SERVPRO name is one that customers respect because it equals character-driven people that do the right thing for the right reason.
Thank you SERVPRO family for all you do!
SERVPRO: You Can Count On US!
We are here for our community 24/7!!
SERVPRO: You Can Count On US
Whether your home has been damaged by fire or water or the aftermath of a storm, it can be stressful and traumatic.
In those situations, you need trained professionals you can turn to for any of your restoration needs.
SERVPRO has been providing water removal, fire and smoke damage removal, mold removal, and other restoration services since 1950!
We have over 1900 franchise locations throughout the country, so you can trust that you are in good hands with SERVPRO.
Emergency Response Cleanup
We are known for getting to the scene of any disaster fast and for providing the best service to both residential and commercial properties.
Polk County Water, Fire, Mold Damage Response
As residents of the Polk County community, we are committed to providing the best possible service in times of need.
If your home or business experiences a flood or a fire, hurricane damage, or risk a biohazard cleanup, you can count on SERVPRO of Bartow / Lakeland Highlands.
Our training and years of experience make us the standard in the restoration industry.
Safety tips when using candles in your Lakeland home
Call us immediately if you experience a fire or smoke damage from a candle.
Unfortunately, fires from candles are a common occurrence in every city. Our team at SERVPRO of Bartow / Lakeland Highlands wants you to be safe from fire and smoke damage by providing you with some useful fire prevention tips.
Fire Prevention is the best way to fight against fire damage or injuries.
SERVPRO of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands offers these Tips for Fire Prevention from Candles:
- Do not let children near candles
- Keep trees and other plants away from candles
- Make sure candles are not near window curtains or blinds that could catch fire
- Keep lit candles in safe candle holders
- Do not leave children alone in a room with lit candles
- Do not light candles in the bedroom. You might fall asleep. One-third of all candle fires start in the bedroom.
- If the power goes out, use flashlights instead of candles
- If someone in the home uses oxygen, do not use candles
- Fire damage from candles happens 35 times a day in the U.S.
- Keep candles at least 12 inches away from anything that can catch fire
- Put out candles when leaving the room or going to bed
A little caution goes a long way to protect you and your loved ones. If you have to deal with damage caused by smoke or fire from a candle in your Lakeland home, your friends at SERVPRO of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands are just a phone call away. You can reach us 24/7 at (863)510-5962
Tips for Driving After Heavy Rain
Driving through flooded streets can be very dangerous so please be safe out there!
It's officially the rainy season in Lakeland!
Heavy rainfall in Polk County can drop a tremendous amount of water in an area remarkably fast. This can result in dangerous flooding. If you're out in it, it can be quite a shock, especially if you've never experienced that much rainfall. While you should never drive on a flooded street, sometimes you may be unable to avoid it; you might already be on the road. In this case, you must navigate it as safely as possible. It's helpful to remember some basic travel tips for traveling flooded roads.
5 Travel Tips After Heavy Rains
1. Avoid Standing Water
As little as half an inch of water can cause loss of control, even driving at a snail's pace; the vehicle can even begin floating. Whether a puddle or the entire roadway, if the water reaches the center of your wheels, it's vital that you avoid crossing it.
2. Advance Slowly
Anytime there's standing water on the road, drive slowly and carefully. Enter the road at one or two mph and drive a maximum of four mph. Otherwise, engine flooding is a risk. Whether you're in a manual or automatic, keep it in low gear the entire time you're driving.
3. Choose the Center of the Road
Water is typically most shallow in the center of a flooded street. Therefore, whenever possible, remain driving in the middle of the street.
4. Form a Single Lane of Cars
The safest way to navigate through standing water is to take turns with other vehicles. This way, everyone can avoid splashing water. Vehicles ahead of you can also help move water out of the way for you as they're advancing.
5. Dry Your Brakes After Exiting the Water
Drying your brakes once you're safely through the water will help you avoid spinning out. The best way to do this is to drive slowly, lightly pressing the brake as you're traveling.
Flood damage experts will advise against getting on a flooded street at all costs. It's not worth sacrificing your safety to reach your destination a little earlier.
Can Your Business Weather a Storm?
Call SERVPRO of Bartow / Lakeland Highlands if your office experiences storm damage.
There are many areas of the country that routinely deal with floodwater from high wind rainstorms. The trick to keeping your business safe is to make sure that you are prepared no matter what the weather throws at you. Fortunately, there are a few things that you can do to protect your business in Polk County, FL.
4 Ways to Prepare Your Business To Weather a Storm
1. Make a Plan
You should always have a clear plan on what to do before and after a storm. Some of the things that this plan needs to include are:
- Pre-storm security
- Employee assignments
- Evacuation procedures
- Post-storm procedures
Your plan should have information on what to do in the event of a flooded building, which flood remediation company to call, and your insurance information.
2. Secure Your Grounds
Something that you might think about in a business is what is outside on the grounds. Before a storm, you should secure things like picnic tables, signage, branches, and materials that can be swept away or damaged as floodwater rises.
3. Unplug Everything
Go through your business or office and unplug everything. Go through and note anything that runs off electricity from computers to phones and make sure it is disconnected from any power source. This includes disabling battery backups. Most electronics can survive water damage if there is no power going to them as long as you dry them properly.
4. Have Your Roof Checked
Checking your roof for loose or missing shingles or tiles can save you from flood damage during and after a storm. Replace any roofing that needs it before the storm. Making these repairs can save your inventory, equipment, and office from damage, mold, and mildew.
Although every business is different, the things that you need to do to mitigate storm damage are the same. Simple steps before and after a storm can save you thousands later on. When floodwater threatens, it is important to follow these tips to minimize the damage.
If your office experiences damage from a storm, call us at 863-510-5962.
It's Officially Hurricane Season!
Call SERVPRO of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands if you experience storm damage!
Are You Prepared?
In order to protect your home, here are some tips that can help you prepare for and ride out a storm:
Keep Doors and Windows Protected Against Rain, High Winds, and Flying Debris
Heavy rains can cause flooding in your home. And, high winds can hurl objects at speeds so fast they can act like bullets. In other words: make sure to protect your windows and doors.
And don’t forget your garage door! Make sure your garage door is installed to be weather-proof or brace an existing door to keep it from giving way.
Remove Items from Your Yard
The more you can minimize any loose, large objects near your house, the better you can protect yourself from flying debris. Remember to secure any patio furniture or garden sculptures. Even better, try to bring everything you can indoors for the duration of the storm.
Keeping your trees pruned and removing any dead branches well before the storm begins will make a big difference in high winds.
Keep Gutters Clear So Water Can Flow
It’s a good idea to regularly clean out your gutters and downspouts and make sure nothing blocks flowing rainwater or melting snow throughout the year. But, is especially important to make sure nothing is blocking your water flow before a major storm.
If the heavy rains can’t flow down and away, they could end up pooling on your roof and leaking into your attic, creating significant and costly damage to your home. So, make sure to conduct a visual inspection of your gutter and downspouts to ensure rain will flow away from your roof and home.
If You Have an Emergency Generator
Having an emergency generator on hand can be useful for any power loss you may experience during a major storm. You may consider installing a whole-house system, but even a small generator can keep the essentials going and help you withstand the worst of the storm’s after-effects. Always keep your portable generator outside!
Stock Up on Basic Supplies
It’s a good idea to keep on hand at least a three-day supply of basic necessities. This includes drinking water, food that doesn’t need refrigeration, a first aid kit, any prescriptions or other necessary medications, and personal hygiene items. You’ll probably also want a supply of batteries, a flashlight, and candles, just in case you end up with no electricity.
Some additional items recommended by FEMA include:
- Copies of important family documents in a waterproof container
- Sleeping bags and warm blankets
- Change of clothing
- Paper towels and plastic utensils, plates, and cups
- Books and games to pass the time.
If your home does sustain significant storm damage, it is a good idea to enlist the help of trained storm damage specialists as soon as you can. A fast response can limit the extent of the damage and significantly reduce your overall costs. Remember SERVPRO of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands is THE only restoration company to call if you experience storm damage!
Is Your Business Prepared for Storm Damage?
Call us today if your office experiences storm damage!
Is Your Business Prepared for Storm Damage?
SERVPRO® of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands has the training, equipment, and experience restoring businesses affected by storms and flooding. We respond immediately with highly trained technicians who employ specialized equipment and techniques to restore your business back to pre-storm condition.
Why Call SERVPRO® of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands?
We're Faster to Any Size Disaster
When a storm hits your Lakeland, Bartow, or Lake Wales business, you need help immediately. Our quick response will help prevent secondary damage and help reduce restoration costs.
We're Highly Trained Storm Damage Specialists
As leaders in the storm and water damage industry, we have advanced training and expertise, not to mention a tremendous amount of hands-on experience. We use this training and experience to quickly dry your home and restore it back to pre-storm condition.
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technicians
- Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians
We can scale our resources to handle any size storm or disaster. We can access resources from a network of 1,900 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today at (863)510-5962
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER A FIRE/SMOKE EVENT IN YOUR HOME
Call us today if you experience a fire or smoke damage in your home.
A fire in your home is a traumatic experience, no matter the size. You are likely feeling overwhelmed and wondering what to do next. SERVPRO® of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands is here to help you through this stressful and potentially long process.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Our team of professionals will carefully inspect your property to determine the full extent of damages.
- If water damage is present, we will begin water extraction and drying as soon as possible. Unfortunately, it is likely that water-damaged baseboard, carpet, padding, insulation, and drywall will need to be disposed of to prevent secondary damages, such as mold.
- All fire-damaged ceilings, walls, fixtures, furniture, and contents will be evaluated to determine if removal is needed or if they can be cleaned. Cleanable items are referred to as salvageable.
- We will evaluate the salvageable items to determine the most appropriate method of cleaning.
- All surfaces exposed to fire/smoke will be cleaned using SERVPRO’s patented three (3) step hand cleaning process.
- Items such as perishable and non-perishable foods, medicines, cosmetics, and toiletries should be disposed of. These items can be extremely dangerous once exposed to smoke or fire. If needed, SERVPRO® can inventory and properly dispose of these items.
- Textiles affected by smoke and/or odor should be evaluated, and if necessary, cleaned by a professional textile cleaning company. SERVPRO® can assist with this process if needed.
- The HVAC system will be evaluated to determine if it can be cleaned. Cleaning and/or replacement will be necessary.
- Depending on the extent of the damage, the home may need to be vacant during the remediation process.
- If you are utilizing your insurance company, we will work closely with your adjuster to ensure your home is returned to preloss condition, “Like it never even happened.”
Call us today at (863)510-5962 if you experience a fire or smoke damage in your home.
Tips on Preparing for Storms in Lakeland
Be prepared before the storm arrives!
When storms are brewing, we may not think destruction is headed our way but sometimes the inevitable happens in Polk County. While storms can be beautiful, they can turn deadly in just moments. Being prepared will help minimize harm to people and bring less damage to your property. If you find yourself in the aftermath of a storm, let SERVPRO of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands turn your chaos back to normal.
A few ways to prepare for a storm with strong winds are:
- Have a flashlight readily available in case of a power outage
- Board up windows and doors ahead of time, if possible
- Secure loose items
- Have an emergency kit ready including non-perishable foods and water
- Make a plan ahead of time so your family will know what to do
Your local meteorologists will monitor the weather conditions in your area keeping you informed on what type of storm is happening. A Storm Watch indicates they are watching for formations of specific types (flooding, severe thunderstorms, hail, tornadoes, etc.) A Storm Warning means there are property and life-threatening conditions occurring so you should take precautions.
Once the storm has subsided, please continue to be careful walking about your structure as there could be loose debris, and compromised structures, etc. Wear boots, and gloves to help protect yourself but above all call the professionals at SERVPRO of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands to make your loss “Like it never even happened.”
Why Commercial Cleaning is Important for Your Business
Consistent commercial cleaning sends a powerful message to staff and customers!
Why commercial cleaning is important to businesses of all sizes
Why is maintaining professional commercial cleaning from a company like SERVPRO of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands so important? Here are some of the benefits of prioritizing workplace cleanliness:
- It reduces the need to replace supplies and equipment as often. When dirt and grime are left to build up, they will cause unnecessary wear-and-tear on your office equipment. Flooring can become stained and unkempt, and office furniture left uncared for is unsightly, not to mention unsanitary. Regular professional commercial cleaning and maintenance will save you costly replacements of these items.
- It can help you find and fix damages before they become a problem. Regular deep cleaning can help you catch issues you might not notice. Regular cleaning maintenance can help you see the signs of water damage and mold growth that may otherwise go unnoticed. Damages caused by leaks are much easier to deal with at the beginning of the issue and easier to resolve. The longer the damage from a water leak goes on, the higher the costs for repairs are going to be and the higher the risk of mold.
- It can positively affect employee morale. An unclean workplace makes it difficult to concentrate and has been proven to cause stress, especially for those people who are highly sensitive to uncomfortable surroundings. When your workers are happy and productive, your customers and clients will know it, and an atmosphere of positivity will affect your business by encouraging repeat sales and referrals.
- It gives your business an image and reputation of professionalism. If your business looks like a mess, most people may assume it’s unprofessional. Water-stained walls and ceiling tiles, dirty carpets, unkempt furniture and machinery, and dusty light fixtures can give your prospective customers the idea that you are not a professional business. Simple commercial cleaning on a regular basis can help address this.
Why SERVPRO of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands for Commercial Cleaning Services
SERVPRO offers the unique value of a one-stop resource for all your commercial and damage repair needs. We offer a variety of cleaning services, including:
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Biohazard and Crime Scene
- Trauma and Crime Scene
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Tile & Grout
- Drapes and Blinds
- Ceilings, Walls, and Hard Floors
- Odor Removal and Deodorization
When grime, odor, and moisture challenges go beyond the scope of your regular janitorial staff, you should call SERVPRO of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands for prompt service. Whether it’s removing an odor problem or deep cleaning flooring or carpets, you can rely on us to make your workspace look its very best. In addition, if our commercial cleaning team finds signs of damage from water or mold during our services, we can not only alert your business promptly but can work with you to address the situation, regardless of how substantial the damage is.
You can reach us 24/7 @ 863-510-5962 or by email @ sg@SERVPRO9868.com.