Is Your Business Prepared for Storm Damage?
Call us today if your office experiences storm damage!
Is Your Business Prepared for Storm Damage?
SERVPRO® of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands has the training, equipment, and experience restoring businesses affected by storms and flooding. We respond immediately with highly trained technicians who employ specialized equipment and techniques to restore your business back to pre-storm condition.
Why Call SERVPRO® of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands?
We're Faster to Any Size Disaster
When a storm hits your Lakeland, Bartow, or Lake Wales business, you need help immediately. Our quick response will help prevent secondary damage and help reduce restoration costs.
We're Highly Trained Storm Damage Specialists
As leaders in the storm and water damage industry, we have advanced training and expertise, not to mention a tremendous amount of hands-on experience. We use this training and experience to quickly dry your home and restore it back to pre-storm condition.
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technicians
- Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians
We can scale our resources to handle any size storm or disaster. We can access resources from a network of 1,900 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today at (863)510-5962
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER A FIRE/SMOKE EVENT IN YOUR HOME
Call us today if you experience a fire or smoke damage in your home.
A fire in your home is a traumatic experience, no matter the size. You are likely feeling overwhelmed and wondering what to do next. SERVPRO® of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands is here to help you through this stressful and potentially long process.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Our team of professionals will carefully inspect your property to determine the full extent of damages.
- If water damage is present, we will begin water extraction and drying as soon as possible. Unfortunately, it is likely that water-damaged baseboard, carpet, padding, insulation, and drywall will need to be disposed of to prevent secondary damages, such as mold.
- All fire-damaged ceilings, walls, fixtures, furniture, and contents will be evaluated to determine if removal is needed or if they can be cleaned. Cleanable items are referred to as salvageable.
- We will evaluate the salvageable items to determine the most appropriate method of cleaning.
- All surfaces exposed to fire/smoke will be cleaned using SERVPRO’s patented three (3) step hand cleaning process.
- Items such as perishable and non-perishable foods, medicines, cosmetics, and toiletries should be disposed of. These items can be extremely dangerous once exposed to smoke or fire. If needed, SERVPRO® can inventory and properly dispose of these items.
- Textiles affected by smoke and/or odor should be evaluated, and if necessary, cleaned by a professional textile cleaning company. SERVPRO® can assist with this process if needed.
- The HVAC system will be evaluated to determine if it can be cleaned. Cleaning and/or replacement will be necessary.
- Depending on the extent of the damage, the home may need to be vacant during the remediation process.
- If you are utilizing your insurance company, we will work closely with your adjuster to ensure your home is returned to preloss condition, “Like it never even happened.”
Call us today at (863)510-5962 if you experience a fire or smoke damage in your home.
Tips on Preparing for Storms in Lakeland
Be prepared before the storm arrives!
When storms are brewing, we may not think destruction is headed our way but sometimes the inevitable happens in Polk County. While storms can be beautiful, they can turn deadly in just moments. Being prepared will help minimize harm to people and bring less damage to your property. If you find yourself in the aftermath of a storm, let SERVPRO of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands turn your chaos back to normal.
A few ways to prepare for a storm with strong winds are:
- Have a flashlight readily available in case of a power outage
- Board up windows and doors ahead of time, if possible
- Secure loose items
- Have an emergency kit ready including non-perishable foods and water
- Make a plan ahead of time so your family will know what to do
Your local meteorologists will monitor the weather conditions in your area keeping you informed on what type of storm is happening. A Storm Watch indicates they are watching for formations of specific types (flooding, severe thunderstorms, hail, tornadoes, etc.) A Storm Warning means there are property and life-threatening conditions occurring so you should take precautions.
Once the storm has subsided, please continue to be careful walking about your structure as there could be loose debris, and compromised structures, etc. Wear boots, and gloves to help protect yourself but above all call the professionals at SERVPRO of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands to make your loss “Like it never even happened.”
Why Commercial Cleaning is Important for Your Business
Consistent commercial cleaning sends a powerful message to staff and customers!
Why commercial cleaning is important to businesses of all sizes
Why is maintaining professional commercial cleaning from a company like SERVPRO of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands so important? Here are some of the benefits of prioritizing workplace cleanliness:
- It reduces the need to replace supplies and equipment as often. When dirt and grime are left to build up, they will cause unnecessary wear-and-tear on your office equipment. Flooring can become stained and unkempt, and office furniture left uncared for is unsightly, not to mention unsanitary. Regular professional commercial cleaning and maintenance will save you costly replacements of these items.
- It can help you find and fix damages before they become a problem. Regular deep cleaning can help you catch issues you might not notice. Regular cleaning maintenance can help you see the signs of water damage and mold growth that may otherwise go unnoticed. Damages caused by leaks are much easier to deal with at the beginning of the issue and easier to resolve. The longer the damage from a water leak goes on, the higher the costs for repairs are going to be and the higher the risk of mold.
- It can positively affect employee morale. An unclean workplace makes it difficult to concentrate and has been proven to cause stress, especially for those people who are highly sensitive to uncomfortable surroundings. When your workers are happy and productive, your customers and clients will know it, and an atmosphere of positivity will affect your business by encouraging repeat sales and referrals.
- It gives your business an image and reputation of professionalism. If your business looks like a mess, most people may assume it’s unprofessional. Water-stained walls and ceiling tiles, dirty carpets, unkempt furniture and machinery, and dusty light fixtures can give your prospective customers the idea that you are not a professional business. Simple commercial cleaning on a regular basis can help address this.
Why SERVPRO of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands for Commercial Cleaning Services
SERVPRO offers the unique value of a one-stop resource for all your commercial and damage repair needs. We offer a variety of cleaning services, including:
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Biohazard and Crime Scene
- Trauma and Crime Scene
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Tile & Grout
- Drapes and Blinds
- Ceilings, Walls, and Hard Floors
- Odor Removal and Deodorization
When grime, odor, and moisture challenges go beyond the scope of your regular janitorial staff, you should call SERVPRO of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands for prompt service. Whether it’s removing an odor problem or deep cleaning flooring or carpets, you can rely on us to make your workspace look its very best. In addition, if our commercial cleaning team finds signs of damage from water or mold during our services, we can not only alert your business promptly but can work with you to address the situation, regardless of how substantial the damage is.
You can reach us 24/7 @ 863-510-5962 or by email @ sg@SERVPRO9868.com.
Flooded Roads: The Dangers and How To Pass Through Them
Be aware of driving on flooded roads during and after storms.
Flooding poses many dangers. Besides the risk of electrical shock and sewage contamination, rushing waters can inundate homes that require assistance from water restoration companies like SERVPRO.
Traveling via car through a flooded street is extremely hazardous. Here are a few reasons why driving in floodwaters should be avoided whenever possible and how to navigate these roads when no other option remains available.
Dangers of Driving Through Flooded Roads
Operating vehicles on flooded roads is a precarious situation because:
- Navigating to your destination in Polk County can become impossible
- Waters as low as a foot can carry away a small car
- Drivers of washed away vehicles may lose control and crash
One of the best travel tips anybody can observe is to set their phone to receive automatic weather alerts. Knowing when and where a flooded street might develop can help avoid perilous scenarios.
What To Do When Encountering Flooded Roads
High-standing water can appear suddenly, leaving drivers no other option than to traverse through them. When passing through becomes unavoidable, stay within the center of the road, as this tends to be the shallowest area. Moving through waterlogged streets may require taking turns with other cars. Never rush to beat another vehicle and endanger your situation further by getting into an accident.
Drive slowly and stay in water that does not rise above the center of your wheels. If you are operating a manual vehicle, remain in low gear. Automatics should be driven slowly enough that their speed matches the equivalent of first or second gear.
Brakes that become wet have the added risk of causing cars to spin out. Dry them by lightly applying pressure while driving.
Traveling upon a flooded street is an extreme risk you should always attempt to avoid. If you find yourself with no choice but to drive through floodwaters, use these tips to help safely survive what will no doubt be a harrowing ordeal.
Our Monthly Newsletter - The Green Gazette!
Sign up for our newsletter today!
Do you want to keep up with community events and receive tips on protecting your home or business from disaster?
If so, sign up for our Monthly Newsletter, The Green Gazette!
Our SERVPRO of Bartow / Lakeland Highlands & Highlands County newsletter is filled with all kinds of information that you will not want to miss! We like to include community events, cleaning tips and fun activities happening within our community. We often have the opportunity to win a raffle prize!
To sign up for our newsletter use the link below to sign up. https://mailchi.mp/SERVPRO9868.com/green-gazette
Let us know what you think!
If you ever have any questions or information you want to be put in the newsletter, feel free to email me at sg@SERVPRO9868.com or text us directly at (863) 617-1976.
The Green Gazette hopes you subscribe today!!
Why use SERVPRO for your fire damage?
Call SERVPRO today if you experience a fire.
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you need help with fire or water damage. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Fire and Water Damage Specialists
We specialize in fire and water restoration. We’ve received advance training in restoration techniques, and we have the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property.
- Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
Our Restore vs. Replace Mentality
We clean and restore your property using specialized equipment and cleaning techniques. Our “restore first” mentality reduces interruption and gets you back to your life.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We are locally owned and operated so we are locals ourselves, as well as being part of a national network of over 1700 other franchises.
Call us 24/7 @ (863)510-5962.
We're Here to Help®
Our IICRC Certified technicians are Here to Help!
If you have ever experienced a loss to your home or business, you know how worrisome it can be. More often then not, one of the first things you want to know is how the situation is going to get resolved. One of our main priorities at SERVPRO of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands is that our customers know and understand exactly what we are going to do to restore their home or business.
Our IICRC Certified technicians are trained to keep customers updated and answer any question they may have. Since restoration can be a complex process, we want to ensure that our customers know exactly what we are doing and why we are doing it. We will be with you every step of the way.
If you experience a loss to your home or business, call us at 863-510-5962.
Why Choose SERVPRO? Because SERVPRO is the BEST!!
SERVPRO is the BEST!!
If you have ever had a disaster in your home whether it was flooding and water damage, fire or smoke damage, discovering mold in a hidden corner, or you have a rat infestation in your attic you might wonder who among all the restoration and clean up companies to call.
SERVPRO has over 38 years of experience, highly trained certified technicians, 24-hour emergency service, locally owned and operated, and a trusted leader in the restoration industry. If you don’t believe SERVPRO is the best check it out these testimonials left by some of our customers!
“They took what was a stressful event for me and made it 1000 times better. I was impressed by how knowledgeable they were, how clean they left my house even after having to tear up flooring, and cabinets! Courteous of my animals, kids and my things they had to move! I can not begin to thank you enough for everything!” - Tawni
"We couldn't have been in better hands with our situation. The technicians were friendly, empathetic, efficient and had a great sense of urgency. The supervisors were timely and knowledgeable. We are so thankful!" - Synthia
If you find your home in need of a restoration and clean-up company, call SERVPRO of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands today at 863-510-5962!
Realtors: We can help your client with the closing process!
We're available 24/7!!
As a realtor, customer service and doing everything you can for your client to differentiate yourself from your competitors is an important part of the business. As we all know, the closing process of buying a home can go smoothly or it can be a headache for all involved.
We want to assist you in making the process as smooth as possible for your client! As a local leader in the cleaning and restoration industry, SERVPRO of Bartow/Lakeland Highlands is equipped and prepared to help your clients with a variety of issues in their home!
Whether your client needs a carpet cleaning, a duct cleaning, or there is a pesky mold issue that popped up during the home inspection process, our team of technicians is standing by to quickly respond and resolve issues for your client!
Our services include:
- Water damage, flood, fire & smoke damage & mold remediation
- Crime scene
- Carpet cleaning
- Furniture and upholstery cleaning
- Rug Cleaning
- Dryer vent cleaning
- Air duct cleaning
- Tile and grout cleaning
- Strip and wax (VCT)
Call us anytime at 863-510-5962!!